The Legal Help
Jacob Ahler is an Attorney in Rensselaer, Indiana who works in a general practice setting. Jacob primarily focuses his practice on Commercial Law, Estate Planning, Civil Litigation, and Criminal Defense. Jacob also serves as a public defender in White County Indiana.
Before practicing law as an Attorney, Jacob worked as a Certified Legal Intern for Michael Riley Esq and as an Associate Justice on the Staton Moot Court Board where he was appointed to the Order of the Barristers. Jacob received his J.D. at Indiana University and his A.B. from Wabash College. While at Wabash, Jacob was a member of the Beta Theta Pi fraternity.
Jacob is admitted to practice law in the State of Indiana, as well as the Northern Federal District in Indiana. Jacob is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association and the Jasper County Bar Association.
Prior to returning to Rensselaer, Jacob worked for the Office of the Indiana Attorney General where he investigated licensed professionals for misconduct. Jacob also worked as an assistant to U.S. Senator Richard Lugar in Washington D.C. and as a law clerk at the law firm of Spagnolo & Hoeksema LLC in Chicago, Illinois.
Jacob is a proud native of Rensselaer who decided to move back to his hometown and get involved in community improvement. Jacob serves on the Rensselaer Central School Board, is involved in the Knights of Columbus, Rensselaer Rotary Club, and volunteers his time with the Boy Scout Troop 152 where he earned the rank of Eagle Scout.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Wabash College
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- Commercial Law
- Estate Planning
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Jasper County Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Michael Riley Esq, Certified Legal Intern
- Staton Moot Court Board, Associate Justice
- Office of the Indiana Attorney General
- U.S. Senator Richard Lugar in Washington D.C., Assistant
- Spagnolo & Hoeksema LLC in Chicago, Illinois, Law Clerk
Fraternities or Sororities
- Beta Theta Pi
- Order of the Barristers
- Eagle Scout
- Rensselaer Central School Board
- Knights of Columbus
- Rensselaer Rotary Club
- Volunteer, Boy Scout Troop 152