Sound Solutions In Family Law
Divorce and other family matters are intensely personal and highly complex. You may be confused about the law. Your judgment may be clouded by strong emotions.
Riley & Ahler P.C. can help. Our family law attorneys provide dependable guidance and strong advocacy in these turbulent times. We help you establish your goals and priorities to protect your children and your financial interests. We help you achieve the best possible resolution of conflicts.
We practice in the family courts of Jasper County and the surrounding counties of Northwest Indiana. Call us at 219-964-4156 to arrange a free consultation.
Divorce, Custody And All Family Matters
Our lawyers are well-versed in Indiana family law, and we are familiar with the local judges who will oversee your case. We can guide you through any family law issue, including:
- Divorce or dissolution of marriage – We represent either spouse in the division of marital assets and debts, spousal maintenance (alimony), temporary orders for custody and support, and other issues. We can also help you draw up the papers for a dissolution (uncontested divorce).
- Custody disputes – We advocate for mothers and fathers in proceedings for child custody and parenting time (visitation), negotiation of parenting plans and tense conflicts such as parent relocation.
- Paternity actions – Unmarried parents have the same rights and obligations regarding custody, visitation and child support. We help dads stay involved in their child’s life, and we help moms secure the financial support and co-parenting help they need.
- Adoption – We help parents clear the way to grow their families through adoption, including agency or private adoption, stepparent adoption and grandparent/kinship adoption.
- Prenuptial agreements – A “prenup” protects any assets that spouses brought to the marriage in the unfortunate event that they later divorce. We make sure the agreement is fair and legally sound.
- Guardianship actions – We help people petition the court to take over the personal care and finances of a family member who no longer has the capacity to manage their own affairs.
- Post-decree modifications – Circumstances change. We can represent you in hearings to modify the custody order or child support order, or to enforce support orders or visitation rights.
Your Local Legal Advocates
Riley & Ahler P.C. has served Rensselaer and the surrounding communities of Indiana for more than 40 years. Our attorneys are local natives who care about our neighbors and truly want to help families in crisis find a way forward. As trial lawyers, we are well-equipped to fight for you in contested proceedings, but our first instinct is to explore out-of-court solutions whenever possible, especially when children are involved.