The Legal Help
Michael Riley was engaged in the practice of law for over fifty years. Mr. Riley opened his law office in Rensselaer in 1980 and provided expert legal advice to residents in Jasper and surrounding counties. Before practicing law in Rensselaer, Mr. Riley practiced law in Indianapolis, Indiana for fifteen years. While in Indianapolis, Mr. Riley tried numerous criminal cases, including multiple death penalty cases. He had been lead counsel in over two hundred jury trials, both criminally and civilly. Mr. Riley served as the Chief Public Defender in Jasper County Indiana.
Mr. Riley served on the Board of Directors for the Indiana Trial Lawyers and for eight years was Chairman of the Indiana Law-Pac. In 2002 he was honored by receiving the Consumer Advocate of the Year. Additionally, Mr. Riley received the Sagamore of the Wabash in 1996, Indiana's highest award given to a citizen.
;Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Riley represented thousands of clients to help bring each case to a swift and satisfactory resolution. Mr. Riley received his B.A. from Indiana State University and his J.D. from Indiana University.
;Mr. Riley was admitted to practice in the State of Indiana and the Northern District of Indiana. Mr. Riley was a member of the Indiana State Bar Association and Indiana Trial Lawyers.
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1965
- Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1961
- Indiana, 1965
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1965
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1980
- Personal Injury
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers, Board of Directors, 1989
- Indiana Law-Pac, Chairman
Current Employment Position
- Founder, Deceased
- Jasper County Indiana, Chief Public Defender
Fraternities or Sororities
- Lambda Chi Alpha
- Consumer of Advocate of the Year
- Sagamore of the Wabash