At The Law Office of Riley & Ahler, P.C. we often receive calls asking that question. The answer is yes – you absolutely need a divorce attorney fighting for you! While having a divorce attorney is not required it is definitely recommended. Be sure to hire a divorce attorney if any of the following apply to you (not an exhaustive list):
- you have minor children together and do not agree on child custody arrangements or child support
- the divorce is very tense or emotionally heated
- you did not have a prenuptial agreement
- their is a large difference in income between the two spouses
- you have assets you want to protect or ensure are evenly divided
- you have a large estate or trust that needs divided
- you co-own a business that needs divided
The Importance of Hiring a Divorce Attorney
Whether your divorce is being handled in mediation or in court, its important to have an experienced divorce attorney on your side. Even if you and your spouse are on friendly terms, a divorce attorney will handle the gritty details of the divorce such as: preparing and filing all necessary paperwork, doing research, handling the negotiations, reading all legal documents prepared by your spouses attorney to check for potential issues, advise you on which settlements or terms you should accept, etc.
If you are going through a divorce and are looking for an experienced divorce attorney that will fight for you, look no further than the knowledgeable attorneys at The Law Office of Riley & Ahler, P.C.