If you find yourself picking up an alcohol related case, the Law Office of Riley & Ahler P.C. can help.
As a criminal defense attorney, Jacob Ahler has extensive experience representing individuals with alcohol related charges in both small farming towns as well as large college towns such as West Lafayette.
In Indiana, a person may be charged with Public Intoxication if the person is:
- In public
- In a state of intoxication due to alcohol or drug use AND does one of the following:
- Endangers his or her own life
- Endangers the life of another person
- Breaches the peace or is in imminent danger of breaching the peace
- Harasses, annoys, or alarms another person
As a Class B Misdemeanor, Public Intoxication is a relatively minor offense. However, the charge carries a potential period of up to 180 days in jail and would go on your criminal record.
If you find yourself charged with an alcohol-related offense such as Minor Consumption, Operating While Intoxicated, or Public Intoxication call the Law Office of Riley & Ahler P.C. 219-866-3435 for a free consultation.